After a Week of Floating on Love Clouds . . .





I am still frolicking through fluffy white pillows and gazing into blue moons of amor... With butterflies in my tummy and frequent calls of "Wifey, I love you" and "Husby, let's just pick up Thai for dinner," we are trying hard not to touch down to Earth. So far, so good.

Between the strolling, dancing, chatting, hugging and laughing, we took in meals such as chocolate cake, bagels, leftover wedding food (amazing all-vegan spread by Pure Joy Catering) and veggie burgers. Whatever was on hand and quick was what we consumed -- it had to be fast and hearty, why with all that lounging and snuggling we had to do with our pals -- from near and far, we gathered on my parents bed for an all-out (clothing on, ahem!) love fest.

Words don't do the long weekend justice...

Now that I've been working and sort of entering reality -- bills, laundry, feeding myself (no more lounge food, wah...), waking up to an alarm clock, etc. -- I wanted to recalibrate my equilibrium with a huge helping of Asian-inspired slaw. I love to eat massive amounts of slaw, punctuated with other greens, tofu cubes, fruits, nuts and tofu. It is awesome for restoring health and has such a great crunch. This version is simple, fresh and tasty -- adding fresh herbs is also highly recommended, but I was working with what I had on hand this morning.



Asian-Inspired Slaw
1/2 of a purple (or green) cabbage, sliced as thin as possible
1/2 onion, also sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced
4 large carrots or 8 small ones, chopped thin in a food processor

Dressing:
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp sesame oil
a squeeze of lime

To assemble:
Mix the dressing in a giant bowl, until all ingredients are incorporated. Toss the cabbage, carrots and onion into dressing. Add avocado, almonds, peanuts, tofu -- whatever you desire!
This is so so easy! Feel the health return...

1 comment:

  1. wifey, you really are a most talented and thoughtful woman, and your musings are so entertaining and meaningful. we don't have to come down from the clouds yet, do we?

    ReplyDelete