FALL SPACE

My Dad and I at Rasmussen Farm in Hood RIver, photo by my Mom, Cissy

It was one of the best weekend's in recent history -- we celebrated la mama, we drove out to the Fruit Loop on the most perfect Fall day, we stopped at Char Burger for a deliciously greasy veggie burger, whereupon my Dad asked me if, "you'd like a burger with that mustard?"  I lurve mustard . . . Then I topped it off with a new recipe for brown butter scones (AMAZING!), an afternoon walk, a few new tops from free boxes in the neighborhood (my favorite form of shopping), acorn squash casseroles, visiting with my brother and future sister-in-law, soaking in a big hot tub, then finally a long evening of watching Martha Stewart: Holiday Cookies.  Does life get any better?

It's so nice to not have a million other projects goings on and actually have the mental space to reflect, love and laugh.  The only problem now is that I miss my parents terribly and wish they lived next door so we could play all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment