one of the better meals i've made

Today we woke up to beautiful sunny weather -- finally! I had forgotten how beautiful and breezy it felt to wear a summer dress and saunter down to the market to pick up odds and ends. For lunch I prepared a crunchy radish slaw (asparagus, radish, cucumber, garlic, sugar and cider vinegar) -- all from yesterday's farmer's market ::

then I marinated a simple tofu (soy sauce, olive oil, mustard, garlic) and baked for 20 minutes ::

and the tour de force item was a quick and light version of alo gobi, one of my favorite Indian dishes. For mine, I roasted cauliflower, onion and potatoes in a spice mixture of mustard seed, tumeric, coriander seeds, garam masala, cayenne pepper, a touch of canola oil and a handful of peas at the end.

It was a clean, delicious and leisurely sunday lunch . . . Perfectly fortifying for our kickball game this afternoon. Go Thunderchickens!

1 comment: