FLOWERS IN ZAGREB


(the hyacinths smell of the sweetest spring perfume)


(a lady shops with her dog)


(rows and rows of pansies)

Zagreb, Croatia is a small, European capital city full of charm, history, trees, cobblestones, red umbrellas, trams and sophisticated styles . . . My absolute favorite part of our day was visiting the Dolac Market, a vast fresh farmer's market that runs every day. The abundance and variety of goods was amazing, but the real joy of my visit was sticking my nose in all the flowers. It was a sure sign that Spring is upon us in Europe, a nice break from the bone-chilling winds and snow we experienced in Istanbul. Fresh flowers, especially the real pungent ones such as hyacinth, jasmine and lillies, bring the biggest smile to my face and fill my soul with glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment