OUR FUTON BENCH IS FAMOUS, PART DEUX


(our completed bench, with upholstered futon -- now we need some curtains)


(the futon we got on craigslist and cut in half, and i stitched back together, appropriately sized)


(a detail of the futon/cushions -- the embroidered one we got in Istanbul, I sewed the one in back from Ikea fabric)


(the Ikea bookshelf we used)


(detail of the plywood D sized to be a little smaller than the shelf, so it would 'float' and be level with the window sill)

Wow, it was fun to be on designsponge with our modified bench. I noticed a lot of comments that were looking for a few more images, so I thought I'd post them here -- to give y'all a full picture of our 2nd favorite lounge area (our first is the hammock on the porch, hard to beat). Back to food, farms and recipes soon.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! so I totally missed the storage underneath in the D*S post- how cool is that!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you little blog maven....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any more pictures or steps for cutting the futon down to size?? This is exactly what I want to do and would appreciate any tips.

    ReplyDelete