another good one



I started out envisioning a new version of falafel -- one that was Indian-spiced, baked instead of fried and a bit crunchy -- I created these yummy tempeh balls with these ideas in mind ::

preheat oven to 400
serves 4 -5 hungry monkeys

1 package tempeh, chopped
2 tbsps bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp egg substitute (real egg if eating eggs)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tbsps mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
a splash of water

1 tsp of the following spices:
garam masala
tumeric
curry powder
coriander powder
mustard seeds
cayenne pepper

mix all ingredients in large bowl with your hands and roll into one-inch balls.  Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the little guys at the half way point.


Fresh pita were made using a pizza dough recipe, where I subbed 2 parts whole wheat flour to one part white flour.  I brushed the dough with a bit of walnut oil and sprinkled with salt and poppy seeds -- these were really soft and pillowy. mmm....

note -- I baked at 500, the highest my trust oven could go!  Full throttle pitas.


the crew who feasted avec moi.


and lastly, to top it all off -- a sinful batch of vegan peanut butter cookies -- these cookies were sinful and gooey.  Oh man . . . They definitely suited me and my craving from beneath.  The recipe was simple and the link is here: pb cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment