We're Back


(the couple was married in an amazing Labyrinth, under a giant maple tree)

We just returned from a 5-day wedding, at the Well Spring Spa, located on the base of Mt. Rainer in Washington . . . Amongst friends, forests, little cabins, whiskey sours and sandalwood hot tubs, we celebrated our dear pals' marriage. It was a fantastic time, despite the wee-cold I picked up -- I learned there's no better place to recoup than a "3 Bears" cabin, with a wood-burning stove, stuffed animals, trashy magazines, endless cups of tea and a string of loving visitors.



The bride and groom were stunning and planned an amazing love fest, so generous and whole-hearted. I was very honored to do the lovely Beret's hair, a messy side bun, full of flowers. She looked divine.


(Paella in the giant pan, friends helping with decorations)


(My lovely husband, relaxing with his book by the window)

The weekend was also full of delicious meals -- paella in a giant pan, tacos, vegan sloppy joes and a clam bake -- every bit of crab and seafood and corn dumped directly onto the table. I loved the madness of the latter meal -- everyone in their fine attire dunking fingers into cocktail sauce and butter. It was a perfect few days, but I am so happy to be home, sleeping in the big pink fluffy cloud that is my bed. My kitchen is calling me -- soon I'll be cooking again, after so many little trips! Pie and salad this week, for sure.

Here's a recipe for the tasty Whiskey Sour we sipped on . . .
serves 1

2 oz whiskey
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp powdered sugar
1 cherry
1/2 slice lemon


Shake whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.


(me with my orange juice -- nursing the cold at the party)

1 comment: